Saturday 30 June 2012

Colegio

I had the rare opportunity to be in grade 12 (promo) twice in Bolivia! When I first arrived I was in the promo KEPLEFFG and then I got to take part in prom and grad and all that jazz, when it vacations were over we had to go back to school and instead of going to University, we got to go back to the same school but in a different grad class. There are so many differences between last years and this years school experience! Por ejemplo. last year I was in the same class a Flora, an exchange student from France, because neither of us spoke spanish we would always be together speaking french. We started classes in September, the end of the Bolivian school year, so there were defined cliques and all that jazz in the class so it was hard to make friends, the language barrier didnt help either. To be honest, I really did not like going to school last year, it was super hard and I made a fool of myself on a minutely basis. En Cambio, this year when I started classes in February, I could speak spanish and I was by myself in my class (Flora got bumped down to grade 11 :S). I was forced to make friends and the fact that I could communicate made all the difference in the world! I started making friends and hanging out with them outside of school (something that never happened before) and laughing at the jokes and "doing the homework" and all around enjoying school. My promo this year is called DRUZZS and it is seriously the best ever! We are like a family and everyone is included in everything, we actually have get-togethers for the entire promo like every weekend and it is always a good time! 
Friday unfortunately was my last day of classes due to the fact that the next 3 weeks are Winter vacation, it was so sad to think that I am never going to be in the same class as my companeros any more, that I am not going to graduate with them and that for some, I will never see them again. School went from being almost unbearable to the highlight of my week, I think I was the only person who didn't get excited for the weekend. I am really going to Miss Dios Es Amor, even the super tacky uniforms, it was my home away from home and I had lots of great experiences there. As a goodbye thing, my class threw me a chupa (party) at my house after school and there was an assembly in the afternoon to say goodbye to me :(Everyone signed my uniform and left me notes in my book, it was a great last day but it was bittersweet due to the circumstances.
</3

No comments:

Post a Comment