Friday 15 June 2012

Hailey

Everything is different now, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Hailey, my best friend, went back to the United States on Thursday and although it was not as difficult to say goodbye to her the second time (she tried to leave on Monday but because she is 16 they wouldn't let her leave the country) it was still one of the hardest moments in my exchange.
For the last 9 months, Hailey and I have been nearly inseparable, we have done everything and nothing together, I would go to her house almost every day after school and we would just be together so that we wouldn't have to be alone. Hailey has been with me and there for me through all the good parts and the bad parts of my exchange, she has helped me grow and taught me a lot over the course of the year. Hailey was my person here, we took on Bolivia together, we were the unit that people always associated to be together, like the 2 Emily's or Lou and Marie. When she left, she took the Bolivia that I know with her and now it is like there is a hole in me.
I think there will be a period of adjusting that has to take place, I mean, when my phone rings, i think that it will be her like usual, then the reality hits that she is no longer here and my heart breaks a little bit. In the afternoons all I want to do is go walk 2 blocks to her house and go on an adventure.I dont want to be sad so I cannot dwell on the past, it was great that is for sure, but I must move forward.
Mi vida, si estas leyendo eso quiero decirte que te amo muchisimo y te extrano mas que las palabras pueden decir, ya se que solo paso 2 dias pero bolivia no sera lo mismo sin ti, tengo que acostumbrar a la vida sin ti, siempre vas estar en mi corazon! gracias por todo este ano, nunca voy a poder olvidarte, sos mi gemele de alma!

No comments:

Post a Comment